Located on 53 acres in beautiful Bucks County, St. Mary was founded in 1973 by the Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia. In 1996, St. Mary Medical Center became an Eastern Region member of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), and in July 2001, St. Mary transferred to Catholic Health East, the second largest regional healthcare system in the Delaware Valley. Licensed for 374 beds, St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne, PA, is the only state-accredited Trauma Center in Bucks County.
In addition to treating injuries from trauma, St. Mary Regional Trauma Center is committed to preventing injures in our community. St. Mary Medical Center is the sponsoring agency for Bucks County Safe Kids and works intricately with the coalition to fulfill the legacy of creating safe environments for children of all communities St. Mary has remained committed to its involvement in the Buck County’s EMS since 1973. All levels of personnel, including senior administration, physicians, and nurses, are involved in multiple aspects of EMS activities.
St. Mary is the most comprehensive medical center in Bucks County. With a staff of more than 600 physicians and 2,700 employees and 1000 volunteers committed to providing excellence in patient care, St. Mary offers up-to-date technology, including a comprehensive cardiovascular program, a Primary Stroke Care Center, specialized diagnostic capabilities, obstetrics, exceptional surgical services, including orthopedic joint replacement and rehab, and the St. Mary Regional Cancer Center and Breast Center.