Performance Improvement Education
The Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF) is the statewide resource and experts in trauma Performance Improvement (PI) working to advance trauma PI efforts throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Our organization oversees efforts involving the implementation and evaluation of a data-driven trauma PI program throughout the state.
We support hospitals in optimizing their trauma PI programs and provide valuable performance improvement education. We do this not just because it is our directive, but because it is also our passion.
Take a Class
Are you a practitioner who is new to the trauma PI process? Then this webinar is for you!
After completing this course, you should be able to identify purposes and required components of the PI plan. You will also be able to identify purpose and function of the different levels of PI review: primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary reviews. Lastly, after completing this course you will be able to describe two required trauma committees’ structure and function.
Already completed the above course?
There are many more courses for you to expand your knowledge base.
Check out the PI Education available at KnowledgeConnex
Check out the PI Education available in the Support section of the Central Site Portal
PI Presentations from previous PTSF Annual Conferences
2020 PTSF Annual Conference *to access videos enter password: PTSF
- Hospital Events VAP and Pneumonia VIDEO | PDF
- Scenarios for Hospital Event V-A-P Easy as 1-2-3 VIDEO | PDF
- Pediatric Imaging Update VIDEO | PDF
- Identifying and Addressing Delirium: Confusion Assessment Measure-ICU VIDEO | PDF
- PI In Motion: Nelson Non Surgical Admission Tool and Need For Trauma Intervention (NFTI) VIDEO | PDF
- Whole Blood in Trauma: Developing a LTOWB Program at Your Center VIDEO | PDF
- Trauma Center Mentor & Mentee Collaboration: How to Make it Work VIDEO | PDF
- Driller® Demo VIDEO
2019 PTSF Annual Conference
- 90-Day Submission-Maximizing the Loop Closure Process VIDEO
2018 PTSF Annual Conference
- PI for Inter-Facility Transfers: Intra-Network & Out-of-Network PDF
- Billing for Level IV Trauma Accreditation PDF
- Just Say Yes! A Plan & Process for Rapid Transfer Out PDF
- PA v5 Outcomes Report Formatting in Excel PDF
What Is The PA-TQIP Collaborative?
The Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP) was created by the American College of Surgeons to improve the quality of care for trauma patients in trauma centers. By collecting data from your trauma center, TQIP provides feedback about your center’s performance and identifies institutional characteristics that your trauma center staff can implement to improve patient outcomes.
Pennsylvania also participates in TQIP through a statewide collaborative. The PA-TQIP Collaborative (PA-TQIP) is a group consisting of PA trauma centers working together with the shared goal of trauma system quality improvement.
For more information about the PA-TQIP Collaborative and how PTSF supports this initiative to improve performance in trauma centers throughout the Commonwealth, click the link below.