The Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation (PTSF) is seeking an enthusiastic nurse with performance improvement (PI) expertise to advance trauma PI efforts throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The ideal candidate will have passion for supporting hospitals in optimizing their trauma PI programs and experience in providing education and a. A knowledge of PTSF software and data analysis will be essential to guide the ongoing development of PTSF’s central PI database and provide analytical expertise on PI initiatives.
The PTSF Manager of Trauma Performance Improvement is the statewide resource and expert in trauma Performance Improvement (PI). Key facets of the position include:
- Overseeing organization-wide efforts to implement and evaluate a data-driven trauma PI program throughout Pennsylvania.
- Facilitating hospital based and statewide performance improvement activities and works with partner organizations to use multiple sources of data to advance quality, timeliness, and efficiency of care for injured patients.
- Assisting with orienting and educating trauma PI professionals at trauma centers and hospitals pursing trauma accreditation throughout the state to PTSF software and trauma PI.
- Guiding the PA Trauma Quality Improvement Program (PA-TQIP) in collaboration with PTSF staff and trauma leadership throughout the Commonwealth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- A minimum of three years clinical experience and two years performance improvement experience in a trauma center
- Availability for overnight, work-related travel, as needed, 10-15% of the time
- Valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Epidemiology, Health Care Administration, Public Health, or related field
- Working knowledge/familiarity with COLLECTOR™ Trauma Registry and Outcomes™ software
- Completion of the Society of Trauma Nurses (STN) Trauma Outcomes & Performance Improvement Course (TOPIC)
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities—must include expertise in:
- Performance improvement methodology
- Staff education
- Current methodologies for capturing/identifying metrics of key performance indicators
- Implementing and evaluating performance improvement initiatives
- Trauma registry and performance improvement databases
- Generating basic data reports (preferred)
- Project Management
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Interpersonal and written communication skills
- Effective customer service skills
- General computer skills and software programs such as video/web-based conferencing and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Job Type/Salary Range:
- Full-time, exempt employment status
- Work-from-home availability; Pennsylvania residency preferred
- $70,000 — $105,000 commensurate with experience
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV/resume to:
HR Resolutions, LLC
Include your educational qualifications and reason for considering PTSF as a potential workplace.